Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Year of Changes

 I haven't posted in a while.  I was just looking back at some of my previous posts and noticed I have started 5-6 that I never finished.  I may need to go back and see what I can muster up on those subjects I started.  The post I was focusing on the most was the one I wrote about one year ago.  The one just the day before my birthday. If you haven't seen it, or want a refresher, take a look at "My Life in Stages."  How amazing that one year of your life can change your way of thinking, give you different views, open up new ideas and horizons.

I still like that post from last year.  I especially like that my hopes of accomplishment for this last year were achieved in my mind.  I think my biggest desire was to build a bigger base of support through new friendships, rekindling old friendships and deepening current friendships.  Making connections that would set a good foundation for the years to come.  I admit I was extremely skeptical, I mean, it's one thing to make friends when you are a kid, in school, in college..but as a 43 year old I questioned my ability.   I am a firm believer of writing down your goals to watch them become a reality.  IT WORKED!!  I have rekindled some of my past friendships.  I sure did miss so many of my friends.  What a nice feeling to reconnect.  I made some amazing new friends this year.  God placed a few people in my life that I seriously wonder why it was 43 years in the making. I also feel like I have found more time for my closer and nearer friends.  By no means is it a done/finished goal, I plan to continue with these connections and hope many more come my way.    Support system in place!            Let me repeat that   SUPPORT SYSTEM IN PLACE.

Why is this so important?  Well, I have done some reflecting the last few days, just a few days from my 44th birthday, and I have deemed this year...The Year of Changes.  This is going to be a wild ride folks.  Yes, I know life is ever changing, but I never said I was good at change. In fact, I have been known to fight change pretty darn hard in the past.  Here is the thing though....I am actually ready.   I am excited, and I can almost feel the vibrations of excitement as the change builds up it's tidal wave.  The changes have been in the works for some time now.   I have had time to prepare, and like every control freak out there I am as ready as I can be.  Last year was about support, self worth, building connections and acceptance of self.  This year is the test.

In the next few months I will be saying good bye to the house and neighborhood I have called home for the last 12 years.  I will be starting over fresh, building a new house and creating our new home.  I will lengthening the cord on my oldest as she goes to college.   Brian has begun a new job, which brings so many changes for our family.  I am working on some professional changes as well, haven't completely formulated that plan yet, but it's coming along.  I have made some choices that will change my health, emotional being, and physical self and am feeling so energized and strong because of them.  I have set some personal goals that I hope to meet, and have enlisted some wonderful people to help support me.  I have a trip planned to Scotland in July, I have my middle man getting ready for high school, and I have my little Mrs. growing up too fast.    So many wonderful, scary, and terribly amazing changes and for once in my life, I can honestly say...I am so excited about them all.  Every. Single. One. 

I am ready for 44.

 I appreciate all of you in my life who offer me support, who accept me without judgement, who love me, and  allow me to love you.   Although change is inevitable, growth necessary, scary, good and sometimes hard, I feel most fortunate that I have so many wonderful people to share them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment